Reopening and Resuming Operations with HPE
HPE recently announced five new solutions, available worldwide, that are geared toward helping businesses reopen and accelerate recovery. They are designed to assist in controlling the spread of the virus and enabling business continuity. These new solutions include social distance tracing and tracking, touchless entry, fever detection, augmented reality and visual remote guidance, and workplace alerts and information sharing.
These solutions will be implemented and managed through HPE Pointnext Technology Services for a fast, seamless transition, and they will scale for businesses of all sizes using secure, high-performing HPE servers for the edge, Aruba AI-powered network infrastructure, and technologies from HPE’s rich ecosystem of partners. The new solutions will use HPE ProLiant servers, HPE EdgeLine Converged Edge Systems and Aruba AI-powered network infrastructure to power and process cameras and video analytics at the edge as well as enable location services. The solutions also leverage technologies from partners that provide intelligent surveillance and thermal cameras, and AI software for video analytics. HPE’s customers that have already begun implementing these solutions range from large international airports and global food processing and packaging plants, to retail stores and corporate offices.
Understanding HPE's return-to-work solutions
- Social distance tracing and tracking: Employers can monitor and implement social distance guidelines. Possible applications may include alerting employees through Bluetooth-enabled devices if they are too close to one another for an extended period of time, or leveraging video analytics to determine face mask usage in required areas.
- Touchless entry: This would allow employees to use a hygienic approach to securely enter a location without touching door handles and other points of entry through the use of facial recognition for contactless access, multi-factor access-control and identity verification.
- Fever detection: This solution identifies individuals with elevated body temperatures using thermal cameras, machine learning and video analytics to proactively alert employees and staff to keep workers safe and reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
- Augmented reality & visual remote guidance: On-site employees can collaborate effectively with remote employees to take on complex maintenance operations remotely. By offering digitized 3D visuals of a system or machine, a remote employee can identify a problem, such as a broken gas or water valve on a factory floor, to request necessary and timely repairs.
- Workplace alerts & information sharing – Helps employers share workplace information and push location-specific alerts to employees, using apps and dashboards. Employees gain real-time alerts, specific to their exact location in a building, on any changes or updates occurring onsite as companies transition to normal activity.
Creating a more secure, intelligent workplace for customers
HPE works closely with customers to help them understand how data is captured, transmitted, analyzed, and stored, and HPE offers a rich set of services focused on helping customers assess and mitigate security concerns related to deployment of IT solutions. These new return-to-work solutions are a logical extension to the HPE Intelligent Workplace offering, which helps customers boost employee productivity, attract and retain talent, reduce workplace costs, and now, keep employees safe and healthy to address challenges posed by COVID-19.